Who we are & what we stand for
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
To find out why we are an award-winning company please check out our guide Working for BWB
We invest in our people and ensure they have everything they need to develop a fantastic career. We extensively research, benchmark and review all salaries and benefits against others within the industry.
Join BWB and your career will not conform to the traditional models of yesterday but will be a fulfilling and challenging journey into tomorrow’s digital age; a journey that you will play an active role in defining!
At BWB you matter, and you will make a difference. A difference to the world you live in; the communities you engage with; even the development of your career and the profession.
What you’ll be doing
- Sitting within our Air Quality team, the successful applicant would be expected to undertake specialist technical work such as air and odour dispersion modelling, air quality/odour/dust monitoring, using GIS, and report writing whilst working as part of a growing, integrated, progressive team.
- There is the opportunity to work on projects from proposal stage right through to completion, to be involved with Project Management and to contribute towards the management of project finances.
- Our work is varied and widespread supporting our clients on projects both locally and throughout the UK as required. We value innovation, while always seeking to provide commercial solutions to complex environmental issues.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, confident, self-motivated and willing to take the initiative, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Willingness to travel and a full driving licence are essential to the role.
The successful candidate will have a relevant science based air quality or environmental sciences degree. A related Masters degree is also highly desirable.
Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate at least two years of relevant experience in an air quality consultancy setting.
Candidates will be required to show a good understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Effective working with design teams, project managers and clients;
- The air quality assessment process, as well as the standards and guidelines that are appropriate to our industry;
- The UK planning and Environmental Permitting process;
- Environmental Impact Assessment process, including writing ES air quality chapters;
- Air dispersion modelling software and processes including the ADMS-Roads and ADMS 5 software packages, DMRB and experience in using ArcGIS, QGIS and AutoCAD;
- Air quality assessment tools and processes including the Emission Factor Toolkit, background maps, NOx to NO2 calculator, NO2 fall off with distance calculator, annualisation process and the model verification process;
- Excellent use of Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Air quality monitoring and the design and management of air quality monitoring strategies;
- Odour monitoring, including sniff testing – an odour acuity certification within the established range for surveying is highly desirable;
- Willingness to travel and a full driving licence are essential to the role, with your own vehicle or access to a vehicle for business use being highly desirable;
- Experience of mentoring and training graduate consultants and an appreciation of business development, client relationship management and project and financial management is also highly desirable;
- Experience of greenhouse gas emissions assessments, climate change assessments and indoor air quality assessments are highly desirable.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Healthcare cash plan
- Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.