Who we are
BWB is a multi-award-winning engineering and environmental design consultancy with a proven reputation for technical excellence and exceptional client satisfaction.
Proud to be awarded ACE Best Large Consultancy of the year 2022 and rated Platinum Investors In People (IIP), a prestigious accolade that demonstrates our commitment to our people and establishes us as an employer of choice.
BWB is a signatory to the Pledge to Net Zero initiative and is committed to achieve net zero carbon by 2050. We are committed to playing our part in tackling climate change and we recognise the significant impact the design and consultancy solutions we provide can have on carbon emissions and the environment, and as such will provide meaningful solutions and a continued commitment to pioneer change.
Work Experience & Expressions of Interest
BWB Consulting are now taking expressions of interest for Work Experience & Placements for 2024 across all of our offices Nottingham, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds & London.
We have a unique culture that embraces collaboration, innovation and individual curiosity. If you share these values, and are looking for Work Experience, a Summer Placement with an award-winning company accredited Investors in People platinum, we would love to have you on board.
Work Experience and Summer Placements are an excellent way to gain an early introduction to your chosen profession, and our opportunities are expansive. Our list of service lines include:
- Transport & Infrastructure: Design Development (Civil Engineering), Design Infrastructure, Transport Planning, Infrastructure Management; including Utilities
- Buildings & Built Environment: Building Structures, Mechanical & Electrical Engineering,
- Environmental Engineering: Water, Ground Solutions, Environmental Planning, - Ecology, Air Quality, Acoustics EAC and Heritage
- Rail: Civil Engineering, Signalling and Track.
- Project Management
- Deetu: Local Intelligence, BIM and Visualisation
- Advance: Added Value in the Delivery of Versatile, Agile and Novel Solutions in Civil Engineering
We offer short term work experience across our varied disciplines and services. Usually, these are from one to four weeks in duration, and they are unpaid. They are an excellent opportunity to shadow professionals in your chosen area, join team learning events and see what it's really like to work at BWB.
Our summer placement opportunities are short term contracts. You'll have a specific project or two to work on. A genuine role, with genuine responsibility. You'll work alongside your colleagues and be expected to make an input into the achievement of team goals from day one. Usually, these are from one to two months in duration, and they are paid.
What we offer:
Empowering you to be your most authentic self
- Competitive Salary
- Pension – BWB matches 5% of your salary into your pension to help save for the future
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase more
- Life Assurance 4 x salary
- Wellbeing support – qualified confidential support through Westfield Health
- Healthcare cash plan
- Driving your own experience
- Values driven culture
- Hybrid working
- Access to personalised fully funded Learning & Development opportunities
- Paid professional subscriptions
- Perkbox - Access to exclusive savings, discounts, free advice and benefits
- Cycle to Work
- Paid volunteering days
- Regular social events
- Long service reward scheme
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.